Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I'm too honest

I'm sure a busy blogger recently.

I GOT A JOB OFFER. Yeah, I'm smart and impressive. I was feeling like the interview with the consulting company didn't go well since I was told two weeks but hadn't heard back, but I just got a call. The job I applied for was entry level field assistant and that sounded like fun. Good exercise, get out of the office/house and stop staring at my computer screen. Yet I was told that the company decided they didn't want me as a field assistant they wanted to put me on the fast track and start me higher up in the company.

My initial plan was that if they called me I would play it cool and not mentioned that we wanted to leave this area but his first question to me was if I was still interested in the job or if I had taken a position already. I told him yes I was interested and no I didn't take another job, and that I wanted to be up front an honest and told him that my husband and I were considering leaving the area and that we would decide within the next few weeks, which I guess is a lie since we are DEFINITELY leaving the area. As soon as I said that I felt dumb like I dropped all my cards on the table, but I guess I'm so good it doesn't matter.

I wish I would have also said that at the time of my interview I didn't know we would be leaving. I hope the person on the phone didn't think that I wasted their time. I said that I was thankful for the opportunity to interview with them and am interesting in their company, ect. I mentioned the office they have where my husband and I want to move to and the person on the phone said that they would like to keep me in the company and he would be happy to try to set up an interview with that office for me. Yeah! That is promising. I wish my husband was coming home tonight so we could talk about. I told him we would decide about our relocation in the next couple of weeks.

Hopefully this will help my focus. See I am smart, people do want to hire me. I think I'll take a bath and then get my ass in gear and finish this damn chapter.

8 comments:

EcoGeoFemme said...

Congratulations! That's great news! How's that for your motivation?!

Anonymous said...

Quite convenient that they have an office where you are going to move to! Hope it works out.

Mad Hatter said...

That's awesome! Congratulations! I think you did the right thing by being honest, even if it feels like you just gave away your hand. And your honesty will totally be rewarded if you get an offer with the office where you're moving to. Good luck!

ScienceGirl said...

Wow! Congrats!! Sounds like you underestimate yourself - so getting a job offer should be quite reassuring :) Now we are just all hoping they can get you into the other office!

Amanda said...

Congrats! Yay for being employable. And I always think that honesty is the best policy. So, I think that yours will be rewarded. :-)

ruchi said...

Yaaaay! Congrats!! Hooray for job offers even if you don't end up taking them!

PG said...

Awesome! Congratulations. Not only do they want you, they want you for a better position than the one you interviewed. If they could set you up with someone after the move, that would be great too!

Anonymous said...

congrats on the offer, that is great! even if you can't take it! and sorry for being so late to the reading...