Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I'm hungry

Some of you may have remembered that my adviser once told me that writing a manuscript is like making fine wine . . . . it needs to age.

Well today he sent me a very cute e-mail

I have been trying to think of a good analogy for a manuscript to make you feel better about the last stages.

Try this,
The most fun of making a wedding cake is probably the decoration at the end to make it look really nice. Up to now you have been making and baking the cake. In the end one wants a great tasting and great looking cake*.


So wine and cake, I'm ready for a party!

*in my response to him I said, among other things, that we have changed the recipe for this cake a lot since we started four years ago.

4 comments:

ScienceGirl said...

Interesting analogy - but it's nice that your advisor is trying to cheer you up!

Unbalanced Reaction said...

Is your advisor some sort of gourmet? :)

darn, now I really want cake.

Jennie said...

He isn't a gourmet but at age 72 he is well seasoned.

Anonymous said...

i love advisors who cheer you on!