Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Clarification

Pyschgrad had a question,
"Must admit, I'm having a bit of a hard time following your travels. You live in City A (State A). Your home state is different from where you live. So, State B. Your dissertation town is in State B, but far from town where your family is. You're planning to move to State C? Why are you in your dissertation town?"

Since I had the same question for Seeking Academia recently I though I would summarize all the states my life is involved in here. It can get confusing to follow someone else's life.

I live in State A-Midwest. I grew up in State B-West Coast. I plan to move back to State B this July. Dissertation town is State C-East Coast. I am actually very close to the oceans in both dissertation town and home state. For a different perspective, from where I live (in State A) dissertation town is a 2 hour plan ride each way, and my home town area is a 4-5 hour plane ride each way.

I had a conference on Saturday here in dissertation town and I've been trying to come back every two months for up to two weeks just to remind my adviser I am still alive and I usually end up doing some lab work.

Hope this helps.

2 comments:

Unbalanced Reaction said...

Whew! You must be quite the frequent flier!

PG said...

Yes - that does help! Thank you. Does sound like a lot of travelling to go back and forth to dissertation town. But, if it's anything like my supervisor, outta sight outta mind.