Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Buy Nothing Challenge

Buy Nothing Challenge - April 2008

I'm going to participate, through arduous, in the Crunchy Chicken: Buy Nothing Challenge.

I don't think I buy very much as it is but it will be nice to be more conscious of my purchases so I look forward to the challenge. Also, I bought a new coffee mug and a bday card for my grandma, one that plants a tree in a national forest, last week-getting a little bit of my spending urge gone. I also decided some time ago that I didn't want to buy new clothes until I lost my dissertation belly, and I'm hoping not to add more items to the pile of stuff we have to move-hopefully this year.
I'll be traveling twice this month, which may make it hard not to purchase periphery items. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

ruchi said...

Yay! You're doing it!! Good luck, Jennie!

Jennie said...

Oh, I just remember I'm suppose to take my sister shopping next week-end for her b-day present! I'll have to reread the rules again. It might be a good educational experience for her.

Anonymous said...

I'd love to do this too, but alas, it's moving month. No go.