Monday, January 28, 2008

Back to School

I'm so tired today. It's amazing how much more effort goes into work when you aren't working at home. I did a little bit of field work today, some lab work, caught up with people in the department and went through all the junk in my mailbox.

I really enjoyed lab work, but I guess it made me tired to stand around making dilutions. I have more to do tomorrow, more lab work, not dilutions. All that should be finished by wed.

I also had a good talk with my adviser today. Tomorrow we will talk more about research and specifically manuscript "0"

This week-end was fun. I went to a comedy show but didn't get to bed until 2am-ish. I didn't drink too much so I didn't feel too old.
Then on sunday I had the baptism. I'm a godparent. It was a nice ceremony in the catholic church with only the immediate family. We then had lunch at a fun polish pub next door. Well not exactly next door to the church but we walked there. That would be funny. In the midwest I actually live in the town of churches and taverns. I find this funny.

Since there was a recent post from unbalanced reaction about traveling I thought I'd tell everyone my flight schedule from saturday.
Wake up at 530am.
Leave house at 610am. I wanted to leave at 6 but husband was slacking off.
Arrive at airport at 640am.
Already had boarding pass so I proceeded to the security check in.
Settle at boarding gate around 650am (I saw different clocks and didn't have my own).
Read for a while, decided I should pee.
Gathered belongings and went to the restroom.
Sat back down by boarding gate, read for a while, proceeded to get in line (Southwest) to board plane, for a 730AM departure. Yep, I'm sure that's what everyone was waiting for. I woke up two hours before my plane was schedule to leave. Too stressful, right?

All was well until everyone boarded and the pilot announced that they didn't get enough fuel the first time and we needed to wait for more fuel. Glad we didn't make the mistake of taking off without enough, but you sometimes wonder how these mistakes happen.

Oh and it's warmer here in dissertation town. Yeah!

1 comment:

Unbalanced Reaction said...

Glad you're having warmer weather. Your travel schedule sounded rough.

I'm just hoping to get CLOSE to home state tonight! ;)