Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Not living in the moment

So it's only been a day since I set my theme and I realized that today I've been thinking and talking about events that I don't have control over that will happen in the future and thus I have NOT been living in the moment.

My godchild is to be christened soon and I can't book my flight back to dissertation town until I know this date. I would like this date to be soon so I can do some work at my campus in dissertation town. I would also like to book my flight so that I can plan social events there and here and before the price becomes too much.

Ok-Jennie-breath and let it go. I will now finish making data plots and live in the moment.

I guess old habits are hard to break.

1 comment:

Unbalanced Reaction said...

Old habits are hard to break, indeed. I am a terrible offender of "living in the moment." I've just come to accept that I'm much happier planning MY life, and I try to let the things I can't control and plan (like, everyone else) not get to me. It's hard, but "it's gettin' better all the tiii-iiime."