Saturday, July 19, 2008

Dear Friends

I really miss the time we use to spend together. I use to sit in my home office in the Midwest and learn about all the good and difficult times in your lives. I related a lot to what was written and somehow started to feel less lonely even though I was all alone in the Midwest. I also told stories of my own and felt comforted by the comments you left.

Being back in my home state I'm now surrounded by people; old friends and family. I'm also overwhelmed by living at my mom's house and with having work to be done but being very busy finding a place to live* and searching for a job and catching up with old friends, again trying to do all of this living in my mom's small house.

I feel like our friendship is getting distance. I know I need to put more effort into it but fear I do not have time, or as much as the "need" for the comfort of sharing stories. I know this need is still here but it is masked by how busy my life currently is.

Please be patient with me. I'm guessing once I move into my own place and get settled I will have more time to upkeep our friendship.

*Looks like we found a really nice place to rent. We are having trouble finding a good time to give the landlord our deposit but hopefully that will happen this evening. She has been super busy. Once we give her money I will feel better. The unit is available Aug. 1st and is a 2 bedroom, 2 bath in a four plex tucked away from the road and the back yard backs into a gulch. It also has a small detached garage and a washer/dryer in the unit. More on all of this once we move in.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo on a place to live!

Anonymous said...

yay for a place to live! and i know what you mean, in all this busy time, i haven't been as in touch with my friends as i wish i could...

Unbalanced Reaction said...

I'm really bad about cutting off communication when I get really busy. I hope you got the place!

Mad Hatter said...

We miss you too, but no worries, we'll still be here when you get settled. Congrats on finding a new home!

ScienceGirl said...

This is pretty much how I feel too - in a whirlwind! Glad you found a home, hope things settle down a bit soon.

Amanda said...

Yay for a place to live! And I hope you got moved in ok. (Catching up on blog posts...)