Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Sickness

Wednesday night I came down with a sore throat. It prevented me from going into work on Thursday and then, on Friday, I only worked a few hours. My employer has asked that we don't come into work sick so instead of my long Monday morning commute I stayed home and went to the doctor. I only have a sinus infection, although one that has given me a terrible headache, face-ache and greatly reduced my energy levels, and one that the doctor said is still contagious. Thus I stayed home from work again today. I have work I could be doing from home but it's work I'm not very excited about so I've been using my sickness as an excuse to watch tv. I've caught up on all my favorite shows and even some of my not so favorite shows. I'm home now at 6pm, having an insatiable thirst and wishing I had the motivation to work some of this hated project. I keep telling myself tomorrow will be better but likely it won't. I think tomorrow should be another stay home day and Thursday I will go into the office. Friday I'm scheduled to help one of our other offices move, since he is located near my family and I needed an excuse to go there anyway to visit.

Overall I wrote this post to confess that even though I am really sick I think I've just been using it as an excuse not to work on this project (that doesn't really have a deadline). Wish me luck that tomorrow I'll get a few hours of work accomplished, and maybe even some tonight.

3 comments:

ScienceGirl said...

I hope you feel better soon! (and I completely understand how feeling even mildly sick can put a damper on (already dwindling) motivation...)

Mad Hatter said...

That sounds awful. Hope you feel better soon!

Unbalanced Reaction said...

Hope you're feeling better! Isn't it sad that even when very sick, work guilt always seems to creep in? For example, right now I don't even *have* to work (off contract!!) yet I'm guilty RIGHT NOW for not doing...um... something?