Thursday, March 12, 2009

Just a reminder

I've read a few posts now about Spring Break, and I just wanted to remind all the professors and grad students out there that some people don't get a spring break. So why you are all deciding if you should take any time off from your research or catching up on teaching prep (or lab work or admin work, ect), people like me are realizing this is the first year in almost 10 years since I've even had the option of a spring break. Enjoy as much of it as you can!!

5 comments:

ScienceGirl said...

You do know we only "technically" get the break :P

Anonymous said...

i want a break... i was going to do so much work. except now i just sleep all day and hope to get better, ignoring how behind i am

Psych Post Doc said...

Yeap, that's what happens when you take a real job. However, I am taking my own spring break next week for 6 days. :)

Anonymous said...

I get to choose my vacation time like any annual employee. So I put in to take my break at Spring Break so I don't have to worry about missing classes while seeking R&R. I figure if I take my vacation time at Christmas and Spring Break, I can get more things done in the slower cycle of the summer, without hitting as much of the burnout space. Perhaps at a different point in my program, I'll be more inclined to take a different week off :)

Mad Hatter said...

With no undergrads on the campus where I work, I don't even know when spring break is for my university!

Jealous...very, very jealous.